We Make Language Learning Fun!
Our FunImmersion® programs are 100% fun and 100% immersion!
FunImmersion® is 100% Fun!
- Our curriculum and linguistic goals are embedded in art projects, games, relay races, cooking projects, drama, singing, and more, all designed to appeal to a young child's sense of discovery and fun.
- This hands-on, interactive, high-energy approach ensures that children are motivated and engaged while learning at the same time.
- Weekly themes such as Dinosaur Adventure, Robot World, Camp Fun, Space Explorers, At the Beach and more, contextualize the learning experience for children.
- Our teachers use dramatic presentation, miming, gestures, facial expressions and silliness to enhance both comprehension and fun.
- The high energy FunImmersion® method encourages children to become active participants in the language.
- Our engaging activities and hands-on, demonstrative approach foster a positive, can-do attitude toward language learning.
FunImmersion® is 100% Immersion!
- We take advantage of the window of opportunity from birth to adolescence when the brain is hard-wired to learn language naturally.
- From the moment children enter the classroom, they are fully immersed in the foreign language.
Children are able to follow along immediately:
- We use bright, clear visuals, dynamic gestures, miming, vivid facial expressions, and dramatic voices to facilitate comprehension in the context of 100% immersion.
- We provide consistent language clues, use choice questions, model answers and prompt group repetition to help children speak the new language.
- We use a system of rhythmic chanting to promote retention and retrieval of new words and key language structures.
- We use sheltered language—simple, well articulated, consistent phrases—to promote comprehension and speaking.
- This full-immersion approach takes advantage of children's unique ability to absorb a foreign language naturally, the same way they absorbed their first language.
- In a full-immersion setting, children learn a new language without having to translate.
- Our native-speaking teachers use the foreign language for the entire session, taking advantage of a young child's ability to mimic native accents flawlessly.
- Children are encouraged to actively use the foreign language throughout the course of each session.
- Our small groups of 4-8 children foster individualized learning; our teachers challenge each child to develop comprehension, basic verbal skills and increased spontaneous speech at his or her own pace.
- In this multi-level learning environment, newcomers learn from peer-models while more experienced children build confidence and leadership alongside more advanced language skills.
Read More about the Language Star Curriculum and the how FunImmersion® works.